Friday, June 15, 2007

My Poor Big'en!!!

Yesterday, Sylvester -- aka Big'en, aka Roy (as in Roy Biggins from the tv show Wings. They do favor each other!!!).....anyway Sylvester had to go to see Aunt Donna (our vet). Big'en used to be BIG....a 16/17 pounder. He is now a measly 9.6 pounds. Aunt Donna has checked him before but can't find anything wrong with him. Recently we thought he had a couple of bad teeth that had to come out, so off he goes to Aunt Donna's. Thank goodness, it ended up that he just had gingivitis, so she cleaned his teeth really good and then gave him an antibiotic shot. She has also done some more testing. ANYWAY, all of that is to say, that when I picked him up in the evening, he was NOT a happy boy. Not happy in the least. He was screaming and yelling from the moment they brought him out and continued to scream all the way home. I really hated for him to be so unhappy and I tried my best to reassure him that we were going home. But the thing is -- I heard him yelling the whole time!!! Never before would I have heard a thing!! Love my boy!! He can be a talker!!!

Today on my way home from work, I was listening to the radio and realized that whenever they were spouting off numbers, I caught them all. I don't know what it is about numbers, but I can catch them! Now, if I could just teach everybody to talk in number code everything would be just peachy!!

Here are 3 of my babies. Sylvester is down in front -- the black one. Next is Scarlet, aka Momma Girl, then Baxter, aka Cutie Boy, Baby One and Rutabaga Head. Lucy must be off to herself someplace.
ps -- Jim, I checked out "my" picture!! That's beautiful!! Thank you, oh kind one!!!!

1 comment:

Roberta said...

Wonderful cats! I have a calico and a red one too. I miss a b/w cat!