Friday, January 25, 2008

Is That Bass I Hear??

Yes!! Oh My!! I have probably mentioned in a previous post somewhere, but just to make sure, I'll rehash. I don't hear bass sounds with my implant. For me to explain it doesn't really make a lot of sense. I can tell a man's voice and things like that, but if a truck rumbles by, I don't hear the rumble. Well, not with my implant. Where I really notice it is with music. With my regular ear, I do hear the bass sounds so therefore I know it's there and I know I'm not getting it with my implant. This is one of those things that Meg has tried to straighten out, but it's just not been happening.

Well, on my way home this evening, I put in a Barry Manilow cd. Don't you just love Barry??!!!! Anyway, I'm listening to see if music is getting any better. I was a little shocked!!! I thought I picked up some of the bass!! So I plugged up my regular ear, ran back the cd and listened again..........YES!!! It was there!! No, it still doesn't sound real bass-y, but I'm picking it up!! Usually, it's just not there. If it's a bass guitar playing, I just don't hear a thing with my implant. But it's starting to come through!!! WOOHOO!!!! I need to let Meg know....she will be sooooo excited!!!

Then I threw in some Billy Joel.....got some bass there too!!! Life is good!

Hopefully it will keep getting better and HOPEFULLY one day I'll really hear music the way it's suppose to be. I'm headed in that direction!!

Oh, by the way......Jennifer and Cynthia are true smart alecks. Just thought you might want to know.

3 comments:

Cynthia said...

Oh my goodness!!! Two posts in the same 6 months!! You must be exhausted......stop, lay down and rest!

Jennifer said...

Whew! So glad I was sitting here on the couch. Honestly... I don't know what made me click on over... perhaps it was divine intervention. :)

Anyhow... funny story. This should make you laugh.

I opened the blog... read the title : "Is that Bass I Hear?" And I thought to myself... I didn't know Cherri liked to fish.......

Yes... some of us are still a little S-L-O-W....

:)

This is really great news Cherri! Woo Hoo! You go, girl!

Anonymous said...

Good for people to know.