Wednesday, February 21, 2007

San Antonio

Well, it's been a few days. Rick and I went to San Antonio this past weekend for the Cochlear Celebration. This was a convention kind-of-thing put on by Cochlear Americas. They have seminars, guest speakers, fun things to do and it's a time for people who have cochlear implants to get together. Yes, this one is mostly for people who use the Cochlear brand, but I thought anyone was welcome. A lot of the seminars sounded like they were just basic information that I thought would benefit me. Also, I wanted to meet people who have a cochlear implant. However, I am going to be implanted with a CI made by Advanced Bionics. To make a long story short, when we went to check in with the Cochlear representative, we were taken aside and, in as nice a way as possible, we were told that we were not welcome, we were not wanted there and we should not attend. They would gladly refund our money. Apparently someone had been researching me online and knew who I was, when I was having surgery and also knew that I was going with Advanced Bionics. Apparently they did not like this at all. We were totally speechless!!! Beyond shocked!!! Needless to say, we got our money refunded and did not attend any of the seminars. So, we had a couple of days to see San Antonio.

We went to the Alamo, the Riverwalk and the Market Square. The Market Square is 2 blocks of Mexican shops. And let me just say....the smell from the restaurants was FABULOUS!! But we had just eaten breakfast, so we didn't get to eat there. We did eat at 2 Mexican places at the Riverwalk. They were wonderful! The Riverwalk is a snappy place! I would love to see it in the spring when everything is bloomed out. I bet it is absolutely gorgeous!!!


Cherri & Rick at the Riverwalk.....aren't they smashing??!!!




A view along the Riverwalk.




A pretty spot on the Riverwalk.
Oh, and by the way -- SURGERY IS 6 DAYS FROM TODAY!!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My, my what a beautiful couple !!! The pictures are so good. Wish you could have been able to attend the seminar--they should have been nice and let you attend !!
Cherri, you are in my thought and prayers--the best is wished for you, Tuesday. I KNOW all will go great for you. Your mom is going to call me that evening !!
Your "Auntie Helen" Loves YOU !!

Jennifer said...

That is beautiful!! I love San Antonio...I wish I was there now (I'm ready for a vacation)!
I didn't realize that was you they asked to leave . I was reading about it on CI Circle but didn't connect the dots. I was dumbfounded that they had the guts to do that!!