Sunday, April 8, 2007

Happy Easter!!

I hope everyone is having a blessed Easter!! We've had a good day, but I'm telling you....it is frigid!! What happened to spring?? It was 80 degrees just a week ago!! I'm not liking this at all.

I feel I had my own Easter miracle last night. We stopped to visit a friend after being out and about yesterday afternoon. I had just been thinking how things didn't seem to be changing very much. I do see little differences, but nothing dramatic. I know I have to be patient and these things take lots of time. I also have to remind myself that I've only been "online" for less than 2 weeks. I am very patient, but it's nice to see some progress every now and then. :-)

DeAnne was asking how things were, what I was hearing, about the changes and all that. I told her the latest. A little while later, we were standing in the kitchen continuing to chat away, when I realized that things had really changed while we were standing there!! That was too wild!!! I still can't understand speech, but I feel like I took a big step closer!! I'm getting more sound, some lower sounds, it's almost like the sounds are being stretched out and warbley! I know that makes no sense to you......it doesn't make much sense to me either!! But I really don't know how to explain what I'm hearing. It reminds me of the bad guy on tv -- the kidnapper who calls about the ransom and is talking through a synthesizer!! That's the best I can do!!

Some things sound a little more normal. Well, not quite normal, but better than they were. It's not all high pitched squealing. As I sit here typing, the keys sound more clackety and not high pitched beeping. Our mouse has a roller thing that you can turn and scroll down a page....well I hear each click that it makes and as I scroll quickly, it has a "roller" sound! For me...that's pretty exciting!! People's voices are still weird, but I can tell that I'm getting closer to the time when I'll be able to make out some words. It's really a big change from what I was hearing!!! Wheeeeeeee!!!

We finally did our taxes today. Nothing like waiting till the last minute!! Oh heck -- we actually still have a week --- why the big rush!???!

By the way, Rick has decided to take up blogging! I've read his first post and I'm not quite sure who he's talking about!!! I'm going to have to keep an eye on him!! He's at: http://www.bionicnut.blogspot.com/ He said that I'm the "fruit" and he's the "nut". Well, we ALL know he's a litte nutty!! Enough said.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Cherri -
That is a miracle indeed! Praise the Lord! I am so excited for you... now that you will be able to hear all of us talking, you will most likely decide you don't care to listen to about 1/2 of it - ha ha.
Just curious...do you hear things like SNORING? You said you could now hear your blinker... and THAT amazed me! Keys on the computer...things like that. Have you heard birds? How did the storm last week sound... any changes? I am so amazed at this process - and so happy for you. YOU ARE SO BRAVE!

We pray for you every night!
(The kids are very good about reminding us to pray for Miss Cherri.)
Love,
Jen