Thursday, April 5, 2007

Just Checking In

I thought I would write a smidge since it's been a few days. I was going to check in a couple of days ago, but we had some big ugly storms pass through so I wasn't on the computer. Then last night we had dinner at Cynthia's. We all brought part of the meal and let me just say, it was scrumptious!!! Mom made french fried chicken and green beans. I took corn and stuffed eggs. Cynthia made smashed potatoes and strawberry shortcake. We were eating high on the hog!! Oh my!!!!

There's not been any big changes, but still having little ones. Any change is nice!! I'm still noticing small changes in the way things sound. I'm also hearing more things. So far I've heard 3 of the kitties talking -- Sylvester, Scarlet and Baxter. I've not heard Lucy. But she doesn't talk a whole lot. She's a loner. Scarlet is the voice box of the group. She always lets me know when it's time for a snack!

The other day, Rick was making a phone call and as he was dialing, I heard the beep as he punched the numbers. I had no idea they beeped when you dialed!! That was pretty cool!!

Yesterday morning, I heard the water filling up the toilet tank after a flush. It's always nice to get a thrill from hearing the toilet. My life is so full of excitement.

Then, on my way home yesterday, as I was sitting at a stop light -- I didn't have the radio on -- I heard the turn signal. I've not been able to hear that!

Also, today at work, I heard some people coming down the hall talking. I thought that's what it was and amazingly enough, two people came around the corner chit chatting! So, things are coming along!!!

But I'm also having some kind of issue. Things will get loud and then get soft. The only way I know how to describe it is if somebody had a dial and they would dial the noise up and then dial the noise down, then up and then down. The first time it happened I thought that maybe the battery in my processor was dying. But then it kept happening, so I knew that wasn't it. Then I thought maybe I had a bad processor. I doubted that, but the next day a tried a different processor (I have 2). Still the same thing the next day. Then I thought, maybe the ringing in my ear is starting to go away. That would be FABULOUS because I have really loud ringing all the time. But then I noticed that as the ringing and noise got softer, I wasn't picking up as much from my implant either. So, who knows?? I wrote Meg (my audiologist) to ask her if she had any ideas. I really didn't see this being a normal thing. As of right now, I still don't know. I got a reply from her and she has given my email to Dr. Jones. We are waiting to hear from him. Meg said it kind of sounds like a fluid problem to her. So we shall see. Nothing is ever easy for me!! Trouble follows me wherever I go!! Watch out if you see me coming!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey...
Been busy the last few days, and haven't got to read and update. I think your progress is GREAT. Hope you both are doing well. Prayers are going up for you every day.

Rick Morgan