Saturday, March 31, 2007

Thank You!!

I know there are so many people out there who are praying for me. Even people I don't know!! I want to say THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! That means more to me than anything. It's wonderful knowing that family, friends and friends of friends are sending a word up to God on my behalf. I really feel that God has led me to this place and He'll get me to wherever He wants me to go in His own time. I may have to take the scenic route, but I'll get there eventually!! Maybe with all of your prayers, He'll help me get there a little faster! We know that prayer can accomplish great things!! So, again, Thank You so very much and please continue to put in a little word for me every now and then. :-)

I am starting to see some slight changes. My beeping isn't just a high pitched squealing tone anymore. I still get a lot of that, but I'm also getting more variance in the sound. Just this evening, Rick, Mom and I were in the car. Mom was sitting in the back and was talking to Rick. I could hear her talking----couldn't understand a thing, but I could hear her talking. What I was hearing reminded me of the teacher on Charlie Brown --- wah wah waaah waah wah wah waah. If you've ever watched Charlie Brown, you know what I mean!!!

I don't know how to explain what I'm hearing. It's like I can hear the syllables and I'm picking up a variety in sound. I still don't get any actual word sounds, but I feel like if I could get a little more input, I think I could guess at what's being said.

I've only been hooked up for 4 days and I'm already seeing changes!! Life is good!!!

I can also get my head piece on much easier! Thank goodness!! The head piece is the part with the magnet that sticks to my head. It's too weird to reach towards the back of my head and stick a magnet to it!! It's just wild!!! Anyway.....the first couple of days I fought with that thing for 20 minutes in the morning!! Ohhh, I can get it to stick to my head, but as soon as I try to fluff my hair around it, it falls off. After I go through this about 15 times, it starts to get a little aggravating. Even if I fluff with one hand and hold the head piece with the other, it still manages to fall off!! When I saw Meg on Wednesday, she put a little stronger magnet in the head piece and that definitely helps, but I still have to be careful. However, this morning, I think it only came off about 3 times. I'm definitely improving!!!

However, on a whole 'nother topic that has nothing to do with anything.......I just have to tell you.......screws at Lowes are EXPENSIVE!! Rick needed to buy a few screws (it's been project day at our house!), so off to Lowes we go! I love going to Lowes. I can browse and browse.......always find something I need!! Weeeeelllllll, we picked up a few more things...we always do!! Those few little puny screws ended up costing us $156!!! See!!! I told you that screws from Lowes are EXPENSIVE!! Beware!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love to be able to keep up with your progress ! The cute little remarks are so good for a "smile"!
You do good girl, with your posting !
Love,
Helen