Wednesday, March 21, 2007

6 More Days!!

Less than a week till hook up day!! Wheeeeee!!! I am ready to get a move on!!

Now I'm having a weird issue. First of all, let me say, I have ringing in my ears all the time. For as long as I can remember, they ring and chirp and squeek and make all kinds of noise all the time!! Since surgery, the implanted ear rings continuously. That's not a problem. It happens to most everyone.

Last night Rick and I went to the gym for the first time since my surgery. We walked around the track for a while, then started to jog a little. Shortly after starting to jog, the ringing in the implanted ear started to get much worse. Well, I would jog a little and then walk some more, then jog a little, then walk. However, each time I tried jogging, the ringing got much worse. It got to the point that it was overwhelming and overpowerful. It was bad!!!! So I had to give up on the jogging. This morning Rick called the doctor to see if there might be a problem. They've never heard of this and have no clue what the problem is or why it is happening.

Well, this evening I figured I would see if it happened again. Rick and I went out walking and jogging in the neighborhood (spring is in the air!!!). As long as we were walking, everything was normal.....just the usual ringing. When we started jogging, it took about 45 seconds for the ringing to start intensifying. About that time we came to a little hill and stopped running. I'm just getting back into jogging, so I don't do hills yet. :-) But yes, it looked like it was going to be the same thing. However, the next time we ran, it was downhill. As long as we were going downhill, the ringing didn't get worse. As soon as things leveled out and I had to put forth more effort, the ringing started cranking up. If there was a little incline, it got much worse. We did either 4 or 5 jogging sections and it happened every time. I would always stop before the ringing got to the overwhelming point. However, the last time I just about pushed it too far and it started to cross the line to overpowerful/painful. I wonder if it has to do with a rise in pulse rate/blood pressure. It's just all so strange!

Also, I have a lump that is right behind the incision line. It's a pretty good lump. It doesn't hurt or anything. While Rick had the nurse on the line this morning, he asked about that too. They said if it's not swollen or painful, it's probably just the way the implant is sitting on the bone. When we came in from our walk/run this evening, I happened to feel of it. Wow! It's much bigger!! Still not painful, but MUCH bigger!

It looks like I'm going to be one of those problem patients!!! They will start talking ugly about me before too long!

So, I guess Rick is going to call them back tomorrow and let them know that the lump grew! If it goes down by tomorrow morning, we'll probably just ask about seeing a doctor when I go to the audiologist on Tuesday. If it looks like there might be a problem, they may want to check me out sooner. I sure hope I don't have issues! I don't like being a problem child. I swannie!!

I guess we won't be doing any more running until I get things checked out. I don't want to screw something up!

No comments: