Saturday, March 3, 2007

I'm Alive!!!

Hello all!!! I'm still alive, but barely!! The last couple of days have been very rough. After the surgery on Tuesday, I was mostly tired and kind of out-of-it. Didn't have any real pain. I was feeling nauseaous and they gave me something for that. Later on I felt much better. Wednesday morning, all of Dr. Jones' doctors came in about 6:30 that morning and took my bandages off. Everything looked fine. Dr. Jones came in about 9:30 and said all was well and I could go home. Well, it wasn't until about 11:30 that I finally got the paperwork and was released. I was very anxious to get home. I just laid around and took it easy. Thursday I didn't feel real good. Achy and lightheaded. Then on Friday, I got up and was feeling pretty good. I took a shower and washed my hair. That was FABULOUS!!! I had some company later on that day and I think I moved my head around too much. Later in the afternoon, I got to feeling HORRIBLE!!! Extremely lightheaded, dizzy and sick to my stomach. Nothing seemed to help. I got up this morning and was feeling the same. Rick called Dr. Jones' office and talked to the doctor on call. If I'm not better by tomorrow, they will see me on Monday. However, Cynthia had a motion sickness patch and also some valium from her trip to China. She brought those over and I quickly applied the patch, took the valium and also a phenergan!! After a little while I was feeling much better! I finally ate some lunch and thought I would try to update my blog while I'm able to sit up for a few minutes. I'm still very lightheaded and will lay back down as soon as I'm done here. Thanks to everyone for all the prayers!! They are the main thing I need!!



Right now the right side of my head is still a little numbish, but not as much as yesterday. However, my right ear is VERY numb. It hurts when I touch it and doesn't even feel like it's part of my body. It will itch, but I can't scratch it. Oh well. Dr. Jones said it may take a few months for that to pass but it will eventually move on.



OHHHH!!! I got a letter from Meg yesterday. She's my audiologist. I go for my hook up on March 27!!!!! Just a little over 3 weeks!!! YAAAAAYYYYY!!!!!



Here are some pictures. They aren't very good, but I thought I would post them anyway. You will get the basic idea. I don't feel like messing with them a lot right now, so this is what you get!!!



Here I am with the "Yes" written on the ear I want implanted!!




Just waiting to go into surgery. It's a very comfy room!!! They also gave me snappy socks to put on my feet. They were just lovely!!





After the surgery with the bandage on. On the right hand side they have a string tied around the bandage......I guess to hold it all together. That's the main thing that hurt. I ended up with a BIG ol' whelp right there when they finally removed the bandage.


Another bandage shot with the drainage tube sticking out. Pretty, pretty.


Waiting to leave the hospital.





This is what they shaved. It's really not bad!! I was expecting much, much worse. My hair mostly covers the spot. I'm a happy girl!!!


Another view of the incision.





My hair is already growing back!! It's unreal!!! Cynthia said something about it yesterday and I'm like noooooooooo, there's no way!! But I felt of it and YES!! There's hair there!! There's even more today!! Wheeee doggies!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cherri, I sure enjoyed your update. I do hope that you will be feeling better soon. Loved your pictures and your cute comments.
Please take care and feel better real soon !!!
Love,
Helen

Jennifer said...

You look great!! Is your face swollen at all?? Mine looked horrible after my surgery! It took me a couple of weeks to feel anywhere near normal...just take it easy and relax and recover!!

Jennifer said...

You look mighty spiffy in those socks!!!

So glad that the surgery went well... and that you are getting back on your feet! We are so excited for you!

Please keep posting... I have loved reading about your journey!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Cherri!

You look great! I hope today finds you feeling much better. Take things easy and enjoy the pampering. You have so much to look forward to.
Happy Hearing!
Hugs,
Nancye

Tina said...

Glad everything went well. I am Cynthia's friend Tina(we travelled to China together). I have been following your blog since you started it. You have been in our prayers. WOW you and Cynthia sure look alike! Take care!