Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Boy, That Was A Bad Idea!!!!!

Well, I was doing pretty good yesterday and thought I would go to work today. Yesterday I was up and about more and felt good. I still got light headed after a while, but it was a big improvement from previous days. So, I thought I would be able to make it to work. Big, Big mistake!!! I got up and got ready. I was tired, but still feeling good. However, as soon as I started driving, all of that changed. I started feeling horrible. I don't know if it was the motion of the car or the vibration or what. And I can't explain what it felt like. It was totally different. I wasn't dizzy or light headed, but just felt very weird and spacey. I was scared for me and everybody else on the road. I just kept praying that God would get me there safely. Well, I did make it to work, but knew I couldn't stay and I DEFINITELY wasn't going to try to drive home. Rick called and I told him I needed to come home. He drove down and picked me up. Now he's going to have to have somebody take him back so that he can drive his truck home. I swannie!!! I won't even try to go to work tomorrow. I'll see how tomorrow goes and if I'm feeling good, maybe I'll go out driving around the neighborhood in the evening and see how it affects me. I may make it to work this week and I may not!

When I got home, I took a pill and laid on the couch. I've dozed away the afternoon. I still don't feel very good. I have spent quality time on the couch and see that there's more of that in my future!! Please continue to keep me in your prayers! Apparently this surgery was harder on me than I was expecting.

Here is a picture. You can't see the spot from the front.


From the side, there's only a little bald spot peeking through!! Rick said you really don't notice it until you see the shinyness of the staples. So, the hair issue is not bad.

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

Girl!!! You're supposed to be taking it easy!! I hate that you had such a rough time of it!! :)
You look GREAT....I had a swollen face...I looked terrible. Your hair even looks great...and it's barely noticeable...it will be grown back in no time!! Yay!! :)

Jennifer said...

Ummm....Hello!!!... they just cut open your head last week!!!! Don't be a hero...you need to sit back a few days and let yourself get used to having this new "part". I think some bon-bons on the couch are a swell plan! :)
And even better one...is to call me and I'll come and SIT with you!

Take it easy - we are all praying for you!
Love,
That Hanks Gang!

Anonymous said...

Cherri, I'm so sorry that you you are having a rough time. Do yourself a favor and take the rest of the week off and recoup from your surgery! Your body needs that. I pray that each day will get a little better for you.
Your pictures are so "pretty"---the pictures certainly don't show the "feel bad" look, whatsoever !
Take care of "YOU'!
Love,
Helen

Anonymous said...

Honey, stay home, stay on the couch and take a lot of drugs. You have a right.

There is no such thing a minor surgery. Your body needs time to heal.