Sunday, April 22, 2007

No Big News

Nope, don't have any big news. Things have taken on a more "airy" sound. The airiness has not been helpful. I don't know if it's just part of the changes or what. I have noticed more sounds lately though. My car has lots of noises!! I keep hearing the blinker more and more. I've heard the ding if you don't have your seat belt on and the dings for leaving the keys in the ignition. Also, the beeping when I hit the button to lock and unlock the doors. Who knew the car was so noisy!!??!!

I was out shopping one day and realized I heard other people talking to each other. I still can't tell what they were saying, but I can hear them talking. I also noticed I can hear Romy talking. She's never made it through before, but now I'm picking her up.

The cats continue to come through loud and clear. I also heard Rick squirting and sniffing his nasal spray! Isn't that something that everybody is just dying to hear!!

I thought I would post some pictures to show what the processor looks like for those who haven't seen one. Here it is sitting on my ear. You can't see the magnet part.




I've moved my hair so you can see the microphone that curls around to the front of my ear and also the magnetic part that sticks to my head.



Here's the whole outfit. If you look, you can tell the processor is actually 3 parts. The part that curls around is the t-mic - that picks up the sound. The middle part is the processor and then the bottom part is the battery. The round part over to the side is the head piece. That contains the magnet and is where all the sound info passes through my skin into the implant.


Just needed to throw in a cute picture of the girls!! You can tell they are saying cheeeese!!! I bought them these cute little overalls and they had to come over to model for me!





2 comments:

Jennifer said...

The girls are adorable!! And I have the same processor...mine is silver :) I am finally starting to hear more sounds with mine...hooray! I am much happier now that I am finally starting to see results! :)

Cynthia said...

I personally think the girls are the best part of your post!