Tuesday, January 19, 2010

A Hard 9 Miles!

This past Saturday we did a 9 mile run. Thankfully the weather was nicer....about 35 degrees and thank goodness, no snow! We met at a different spot. It was out in the country.....beautiful spot, lots of land, farms, some big houses, cows...all in all, a gorgeous place to run. HOWEVER, the whole thing was up and down and up and down....but it felt like it was up and up and up and down and up and up..... You get the idea. I didn't think I would be able to do it. Hills are not my friends!! The slightest little incline just wipes me out and ahead of me were these 40-11 hills!

Well, before we left the house that morning, I checked my email. I always look to see if there's any last minute emails from the Striders (the group we run with) or from Cyndi (a friend and fellow runner). No emails from either. However, I get a daily email from K Love's Encouraging Word. I just happened to go ahead and opened it up. Good thing!! I really needed it!! The word of the day was:

The Lord gives his people strength. The Lord blesses them with peace.

~ Psalm 29:11, NLT

While I was out there running, I couldn't remember the exact wording but I knew it said the Lord would give me strength and bless me. Believe me, I was quoting that to myself about 50 million times!! Praying for strength! Praying for the road to flatten out! I needed a good blessing!

I made the 9 miles. They were killers!! The last couple of hills I had to walk up, but that was ok. I still got those 9 miles in!! And ran a bazillion hills in the process! The Lord did give me strenth and blessed me!! Thank the Good Lord!!

No comments: