Thursday, January 7, 2010

Inside or Outside?

It looks like we're finally getting some snow. Maybe after this we'll get some balmy weather!! I can always hope. The big question of the day is where to run? I need to do a 3 miler, but just don't know what I want to do. Well, I do know I would rather be outside than inside. Because of the snowy roads I won't be going to the gym, so it's either hit the pavement or use the treadmill.

First off, let me just say, I HATE the treadmill!! It is so boring! You just stand in one place and stare at one spot!! If the weather is bad and I do my running at the gym, I always run the track, which is spot #2 for don't-care-to-run-that. Round and round and round and round..... To do a mile on our track is 7 1/2 laps around. So I have to keep count on my fingers. Sometimes I don't know if I counted that lap or not!! I have to remember to move another finger!! Also, the back part of the lap is all windows, so right now that part is very cool (which is niiiiice), but once you pass the windows you hit a wall of heat. It's downright painful after a few laps! It's like getting hit in the face with a hot brick!! So I don't really care for the track either, but I can do that easier than the treadmill.

I have to say I have this big ol' nice treadmill in my house that I bought several years ago thinking I would use it. Riiiiight! I actually forget I have it. Last night, while pondering my run for today, it literally hit me.....I mean the light bulb went on that I have this treadmill right here! If the weather is too nasty, I don't have to go far to get in a run. Well, I swannie!!

But I'm still wondering whether to head out or use that dern treadmill. I would much rather be outside. The temps aren't bad for running, but I don't want to fall and break something. As long as it's not icy, it probably would not be too bad. I'd just have to be a little more careful. I couldn't be running those 6 minute miles!! HAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA!!!!! But....since I only need to do 3 miles.....and since I remembered I do have that thing up in the corner room, I may just get on it and see what happens. At least I won't have to get bundled up. I can put on some shorts and a t-shirt. That part is nice!! Ok.....I think that is what I'll do. I figure I'll be freezing my tooshie off later on when we go outside to play in the snow with the girls. Getting bundled up once for the day is enough!

Ooooohhhhh, I can't wait for spring!!!

No comments: