Thursday, January 7, 2010

Treadmill Update

I have a renewed HATRED for that treadmill!!! A true hatred!!

It started out nice enough. I was actually a little excited about giving it a try again. I mean I got to put on shorts, a sleeveless tech shirt, hair was a mess, make up a mess, I dragged the boombox in there......yes folks, didn't hook up to the IPod...used an old fashioned boombox!!! Anyway, picked out some tunes, opened the window and turned it on!! The first 7 minutes were good because I walked a half mile to warm up and while doing so, I was boogeying to Play That Funky Music! At times it can get difficult, but you can dance and walk on the treadmill at the same time! Then it was time to start running my 3 miles. At this point, I'm thinking I may even do a little more and run 4 miles. Within a few minutes the dislike started. I was bored out of my mind....even with the music. I had nothing to look at but the wall or the treadmill read-out....which seemed to never move!!!!! Then I was sweating up a storm. Had to stop and open the window all the way. Ran a while longer and had to stop to turn off the music. By this time I'm just irritated with it. Back on for a while, then had to walk for a minute cause I was going to hurl. Finally finished the run. I thought 3 miles would never, EVER end!!

I have no desire to get back on that thing! None!! I'll just brave the elements and run outside, or hit the gym. It was AWFUL!!

Oh well, the good thing is that it is over. Now I have to gear up for a 9 mile run early Saturday morning in the frigid cold. Yes, right now they're talking single digits. Not sure how that will go. Stay tuned......I'll let you know!

1 comment:

Cynthia said...

Then bring it over to my house!!! It will fit nicely in my bedroom!